1-2-3 Peach Cobbler
Adapted from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
Cooking oil spray helps to coat the pan with little fat or calories.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
|Cholesterol||less than 1 mg|
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Cinnamon, ground||½ teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 tablespoon|
|Peach nectar||1 cup|
|Pineapple juice or peach juice||¼ cup|
|Peaches, sliced, packed in juice, drained (or 1¾ pounds) fresh||2 16-ounce cans |
|Margarine, tub||1 tablespoon|
|Pancake mix, dry||1 cup|
|All-purpose flour||2/3 cup|
|Evaporated skim milk||2/3 cup|
|Nonstick cooking oil spray (for baking dish)|
|Brown sugar||1 tablespoon|
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray an 8-inch square glass dish with cooking oil spray. Pour hot peach mixture into the dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk.
- Quickly spoon this mixture over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle mixture on top of batter.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 squares.