Crunchy Pumpkin Pie
Adapted from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
|Serving Size||1/9 of a 9 inch pie|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Quick cooking oats||1 cup |
|Whole wheat flour||¼ cup|
|Ground almonds||¼ cup|
|Brown sugar||2 tablespoons |
|Vegetable oil||3 tablespoons |
|Water||1 tablespoon |
|Packed brown sugar||¼ cup|
|Ground cinnamon||½ teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||¼ teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||1 cup |
|Evaporated skim milk||2/3 cup |
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Mix oats, flour, almonds, sugar, and salt together in small mixing bowl.
- Blend oil and water together in measuring cup with fork or small wire whisk until emulsified.
- Add oil mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. If needed, add small amount of water to hold mixture together.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.
- Turn down oven to 350ºF.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to blend ingredients.
- Add pumpkin and milk and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350ºF or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.