Pan-seared Chicken With Chive Sauce
Adapted from CooksAid.com
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.5 g|
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||2 (6-ounce)|
|Lemon pepper||½ teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic, chopped||2 cloves|
|Reduced-sodium chicken broth||6 ounces|
|Crème fraiche (or substitute reduced fat sour cream)||3 tablespoons|
|Chives, chopped||¼ cup|
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin until ½ inch thick. Season both sides with lemon pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add garlic to the pan and cook for about 1 minute. Add in broth and flour. Bring to a boil while stirring, scraping up any browned bits.
- Return chicken and its juices to the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer until cooked through.
- Stir in crème fraiche and cook for another minute, turning the chicken a couple of times. Add the chives and serve.
5.5 very lean meats; 2 fats; 0.5 starches
Side Suggestions: Steamed Green Beans. Boiled New Potatoes.