1. McNamara DJ.
Palm oil and health: a case of manipulated perception and misuse of science.
J Am Coll Nutr. 2010 Jun;29(3 Suppl):240S-244S.
2. Edem DO. Palm oil: biochemical, physiological, nutritional, hematological, and toxicological aspects: a review.
Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 2002 Fall;57(3-4):319-341.
3. Ebong PE, Owu DU, Isong EU.
Influence of palm oil (Elaesis guineensis) on health.
Plant Foods Hum Nutr. 1999;53(3):209-222.
4. Oguntibeju OO, Esterhuyse AJ, Truter EJ.
Red palm oil: nutritional, physiological and therapeutic roles in improving human wellbeing and quality of life.
Br J Biomed Sci. 2009;66(4):216-222.
5. Elson CE. Tropical oils: nutritional and scientific issues.
Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 1992;31(1-2):79-102.
6. Park S, Snook JT, Bricker L, et al. Relative effects of high saturated fatty acid levels in meat, dairy products, and tropical oils on serum lipoprotein and low-density lipoprotein degradation by mononuclear cells in healthy males.
Metabolism. 1996 May;45(5):550-8.
7. Kabagambe EK, Baylin A, Ascherio A, Campos H. The type of oil used for cooking is associated with the risk of nonfatal acute myocardial infarction in Costa Rica.
J Nutr. 2005 Nov;135(11):2674-2679.
8. Zagré NM, Delpeuch F, Traissac P, Delisle H.
Red palm oil as a source of vitamin A for mothers and children: impact of a pilot project in Burkina Faso.
Public Health Nutr. 2003 Dec;6(8):733-42.
9. Solomons NW, Orozco M.
Alleviation of vitamin A deficiency with palm fruit and its products.
Asia Pac J Clin Nut
10. van Stuijvenberg ME, Dhansay MA, Lombard CJ, Faber M, Benadé AJ.
The effect of a biscuit with red palm oil as a source of beta-carotene on the vitamin A status of primary school children: a comparison with beta-carotene from a synthetic source in a randomised controlled trial.
Eur J Clin Nutr. 2001 Aug;55(8):657-662.
11. Canfield LM, Kaminsky RG, Taren DL, Shaw E, Sander JK. Red palm oil in the maternal diet increases provitamin A carotenoids in breastmilk and serum of the mother-infant dyad.
Eur J Nutr. 2001 Feb;40(1):30-38.
12. Chong YH, Ng TK. Effects of palm oil on cardiovascular risk.
Med J Malaysia. 1991 Mar;46(1):41-50.
13. Amarasiri WA, Dissanayake AS. Coconut fats.
Ceylon Med J. 2006 Jun;51(2):47-51.
14. Sankaranarayanan K, Mondkar JA, Chauhan MM, Mascarenhas BM, Mainkar AR, Salvi RY. Oil massage in neonates: an open randomized controlled study of coconut versus mineral oil.
Indian Pediatr. 2005 Sep;42(9):877-884.
15. Agero AL, Verallo-Rowell VM.
A randomized double-blind controlled trial comparing extra virgin coconut oil with mineral oil as a moisturizer for mild to moderate xerosis.
Dermatitis. 2004 Sep;15(3):109-116.
16. Rele AS, Mohile RB. Effect of mineral oil, sunflower oil, and coconut oil on prevention of hair damage.
J Cosmet Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;54(2):175-192.
17. Cox C, Mann J, Sutherland W, Chisholm A, Skeaff M.
Effects of coconut oil, butter, and safflower oil on lipids and lipoproteins in persons with moderately elevated cholesterol levels.
J Lipid Res. 1995 Aug;36(8):1787-1795.
18. Assunção ML, Ferreira HS, dos Santos AF, Cabral CR Jr, Florêncio TM. Effects of dietary coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of women presenting abdominal obesity.
Lipids. 2009 Jul;44(7):593-601. Epub 2009 May 13.
19. Verallo-Rowell VM, Dillague KM, Syah-Tjundawan BS. Novel antibacterial and emollient effects of coconut and virgin olive oils in adult atopic dermatitis.
Dermatitis. 2008 Nov-Dec;19(6):308-315.
20. Jörg Heukelbach, Hermann Feldmeier. Scabies.
Lancet. 2006; 367: 1767–1774.
Prior IA, Davidson F, Salmond CE, Czochanska Z. Cholesterol, coconuts,
and diet on Polynesian atolls: a natural experiment: the Pukapuka and
Tokelau island studies. Am J Clin Nutr. 1981;34(8):1552–1561.
Lipoeto NI, Agus Z, Oenzil F, Wahlqvist M, Wattanapenpaiboon N.
Dietary intake and the risk of coronary heart disease among the coconutconsuming
Minangkabau in West Sumatra, Indonesia. Asia Pacific J
Clin Nutr. 2004;13(4):377–384.
Assuncao ML, Ferreira HS, dos Santos AF, Cabral CR Jr, Florêncio TM. Effects of dietary coconut oil on the biochemical and anthropometric profiles of women presenting abdominal obesity. Lipids. 2009 Jul;44(7):593.
Liau KM, Lee YY, Chen CK, Rasool AH. An open-label pilot study to assess the efficacy and safety of virgin coconut oil in reducing visceral adiposity.ISRN Pharmacol. 2011;2011:949686.
Cardoso DA, Moreira AS, de Oliveira GM, Raggio Luiz R, Rosa G. A Coconut extra virgin oil-rich diet increases HDL cholesterol and decreases waist circumference and body mass in coronary artery disease patients.
Feranil AB, Duazo PL, Kuzawa CW, Adair LS. Coconut oil is associated with a beneficial lipid profile in pre-menopausal women in the Philippines. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2011;20(2):190.
Harris M, Hutchins A, Fryda L.The Impact of Virgin Coconut Oil and High-Oleic Safflower Oil on Body Composition, Lipids, and Inflammatory Markers in Postmenopausal Women. J Med Food. 2017 Apr;20(4):345.
Vijayakumar M, Vasudevan DM, Sundaram KR, et al. A randomized study of coconut oil versus sunflower oil on cardiovascular risk factors in patients with stable coronary heart disease.Indian Heart J. 2016 Jul-Aug;68(4):498.
Eyres L, Eyres MF, Chisholm A, Brown RC. Coconut oil consumption and cardiovascular risk factors in humans. Nutr Rev. 2016 Apr;74(4):267.
LaBarrie J, St-Onge MP. A coconut oil-rich meal does not enhance thermogenesis compared to corn oil in a randomized trial in obese adolescents.Insights Nutr Metab. 2017;1(1):30.
Babu AS, Veluswamy SK, Arena R, Guazzi M, Lavie CJ. Virgin coconut oil and its potential cardioprotective effects. Postgrad Med. 2014 Nov;126(7):76.