The purpose of screening is to find and treat diseases early. They are given to people who may be at high risk, but who don’t have problems.
There are no screening guidelines for eating disorders. But, when you go for a physical exam with your doctor, you may given a questionnaire.
Sample questions may include:
- Are you terrified about being overweight?
- Have you gone on eating binges where you feel you may not be able to stop?
- Do you feel extremely guilty after eating?
- Do you vomit or have the impulse to vomit after meals?
- Do you feel that food controls your life?
Last reviewed May 2018 by
EBSCO Medical Review Board
Adrian Preda, MD
Last Updated: 9/6/2018