Brined Chicken Breasts
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Servings and Times
|Marinating Time||30 minutes|
Ingredients and Preparation
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||2 (5-ounce)|
|Water||1 + 3 cups|
|Kosher salt (or 1 tablespoon table salt)||2 tablespoons|
|Ice cubes||1 cup|
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound until about ½ inch thick all around.
- Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a small sauce pan over high heat. Mix in the sugar and salt and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat and transfer mixture to a 4-cup glass measure. Add ice cubes and enough water to make 4 cups.
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag or covered plastic container. Pour in the brine mixture and seal. Brine for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- While chicken is brining, prepare the grill.
- Drain chicken and place on grill. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until juices run clear. Serve with sweet pickle relish.
4 very lean meats
Side Suggestions: Grilled Squash
Slice 1 squash lengthwise into long, wide strips. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil and season with ¼ teaspoon herbs de Provence, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and ground pepper to taste. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until tender with nice grill marks.
Side Suggestions: Rice Pilaf
Cook according to package directions.
Side Suggestions: Sweet Pickle Relish