Wild Salmon Cakes
Adapted from CooksAid.com
|Serving Size||½ of recipe|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
Servings and Times
Ingredients and Preparation
|Wild salmon, drained||1 (6-ounce) can|
|Large egg, beaten||1|
|Celery stalk , finely diced||½|
|Fresh chives, chopped||2 + 1 tablespoons|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Plain bread crumbs||1/2 cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Olive oil||1 teaspoon|
|Lemon, cut into wedges||½ + juice of ¼ lemon|
|Light mayonnaise||2 tablespoons|
|Reduced-fat sour cream||2 tablespoons|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium bowl, flake salmon with a fork. Add egg, celery, 2 tablespoons chives, parsley, breadcrumbs, and pepper, and mix well. Use hands to form into 4 small patties.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet and add salmon cakes. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Transfer patties to a nonstick baking sheet and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the mayonnaise, sour cream, remaining chives, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Serve salmon cakes with sauce and lemon wedges.
3 lean meats; 0.5 medium-fat meats; 1.5 starches; 1 fat
Side Suggestions: Mixed Green Salad