Blueberry-filled Dutch Pancake
|Serving Size||1/3 of recipe|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||60 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||15% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||45 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 3.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Skim or low fat milk||½ cup|
|Sugar||3 tbsp, divided|
|Salt, optional||¼ tsp|
|Fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained if frozen)||1½ cups|
|Ground cinnamon||¼ tsp|
|Sliced bananas||½ cup|
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Place butter in a 9 inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in oven, about 5 minutes; tilt plate to coat evenly with butter.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, 1 tablespoon of sugar and salt until smooth.
- Pour batter into plate; bake for 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375ºF. Bake until pancake is golden brown and sides are puffy, about 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- While that is baking, combine blueberries with the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Remove pancake from oven; scatter bananas over pancake.
- Spoon blueberries over bananas. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
- For more servings, double all ingredients; bake in 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan about 20-25 minutes at 425°F.
Fruit: 2; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 1; Milk: 0; Fat: 1; Carbs: 2; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.