|Total Fat||20.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||9.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.5 g|
Servings and Times
Save some for lunch and freeze the rest.
Ingredients and Preparation
|85% lean ground beef||8 ounces|
|Italian chicken sausage, casings removed||8 ounces|
|Freshly ground pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Marinara sauce||2 (26-ounce) jars|
|Part-skim ricotta cheese||15 ounces|
|Grated Parmesan cheese||1 cup (2 ounces)|
|No-boil lasagna noodles||12|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||2 cups (8 ounces)|
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Add ground beef and crumbled chicken sausage to a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Mash together using a fork or wooden spoon and cook for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Transfer meat to a large bowl and combine with marinara sauce.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the egg and then mix in the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Distribute 1 cup of the meat sauce onto the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. Top with 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce, being sure to spread it evenly and to the edges. Use a small spoon to dollop half of the cheese mixture over the sauce. Continue the layering by topping with the lasagna noodles, 1 ½ cups of meat sauce, and the remaining cheese mixture. Top with the remaining cheese mixture and then the shredded mozzarella.
- Loosely cover the lasagna with foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and melted. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
3.5 medium-fat meats and meat substitutes; 2 starches; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Veggie Salad
Top mixed greens with chopped chives, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with favorite dressing.