Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3.5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
Servings and Times
Save leftovers for lunch.
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||2 + 2 teaspoons|
|Garlic, thinly sliced||2 cloves|
|Spinach, washed and dried||½ pound|
|Feta cheese, crumbled (about ½ cup)||2 ounces|
|Roasted red peppers, chopped||¼ cup|
|Freshly ground pepper to taste|
|Pork tenderloin, trimmed and butterflied *||1 pound|
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add spinach and sauté for another couple of minutes, until wilted.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach mixture with the feta and red peppers. Drain any excess fluid from the mixture and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Spread the spinach and feta mixture over the center of the butterflied pork. Fold the pork together over the filling and then use kitchen string to tie it together in 4 places.
- Heat remaining oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add tenderloin and sear on all sides until browned. Transfer skillet to oven and continue cooking for another 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
3.5 lean meats; 0.5 medium fat substitutes; 1 fat; 1 vegetable
Side Suggestions: Sweet Potato Fries
Preheat oven to 400° F. Slice 1 medium sweet potato into ½-inch thick strips. Place in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and ¼ teaspoon salt. Bake 40-50 minutes, turning once, until cooked through and slightly crisp. Nutrition Info (for ½ of recipe): 118 calories; 14 g carbohydrate; 1 g protein; 7 g fat (1 g sat); 2 g fiber; 196 mg sodium. Exchanges: 1.5 fats; 0.5 starches.