| Drug Interactions:
Drugs in this class are primarily used to treat schizophrenia and other forms of psychosis. Many of these medications fall in the class known as
phenothiazines. This category includes:
- chlorpromazine hydrochloride (Thorazine)
- fluphenazine (Permitil, Prolixin)
- mesoridazine besylate (Serentil)
- perphenazine (Trilafon)
- prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- promazine hydrochloride (Sparine)
- promethazine hydrochloride (Anergan [injectable], Phenergan)
- thioridazine hydrochloride (Mellaril)
- trifluoperazine hydrochloride (Stelazine)
- triflupromazine hydrochloride (Vesprin [injectable])
- and others
Newer medications, risperidone (Risperdal), quetiapine (Seroquel), ziprasidone (Geodon), aripiprazole (Abilify), olanzapine (Zyprexa) and clozapine (Clozaril), are called
for more information.
Back to Top
Copyright © 2013 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.
Sponsored by iHerb.Com
Positively the best overall value for natural products!
Statements made, or products sold through this web site, have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug
Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Read More
Copyright 1997-2013 iHerb Inc. All rights reserved.