Bruschetta With Plums and Fresh Basil
Adapted from FruitsandVeggiesMatter.gov, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Produce for Better Health Foundation
|Serving Size||4 bruschetta|
|Calories from Fat||10|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||25 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||20% DV|
|Vitamin C||30% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Sourdough baguette (24 inches)||1 |
|Fat-free cream cheese, whipped||4 ounces|
|California plums, sliced fresh||6 cups|
|Fresh basil||1 cup|
- Slice baguette into 24 inch-thick pieces.
- Toast in a 350°F oven until golden brown.
- Spread each slice of bread with fat-free cream cheese.
- Slice plums into thin slices. Place several slices of plum on each piece of bruschetta.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaf.
Fruit: 1; Vegetables: 0; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 0; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association
Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers.
Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.
California Tree Fruit Agreement/Produce for Better Health