Adapted from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
|Serving Size||1 piece|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Cooked lasagna noodles, (in unsalted water)||½ pound|
|Mozzarella cheese, part-skim, grated||¾ cup|
|Cottage cheese, fat free||1½ cups|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||¼ cup|
|Zucchini, raw, sliced||1½ cups|
|Tomato sauce, no salt added||2½ cups|
|Basil, dried||2 teaspoons|
|Oregano, dried||2 teaspoons|
|Onion, chopped||¼ cup|
|Black pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese with all of the
cottage cheese. Mix well and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients. Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce
in the bottom of the baking dish. Add a third of the noodles in a single layer.
Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top. Add a layer of zucchini. Repeat layering.
Add a thin coating of sauce. Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture.
Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 6 portions.