Adapted from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
These colorful skewers contain scallops, which are naturally low in total and saturated fat.
|Serving Size||6-ounce scallop kabob|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||less than 1 g|
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Medium green peppers, cut into 1½-inch squares||3 |
|Fresh bay scallops||1½ pounds|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 pint|
|Dry white wine||¼ cup|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cup|
|Lemon juice||3 tablespoons|
|Dash of garlic powder|
|Black pepper to taste|
- Perboil green peppers for 2 minutes.
- Alternately thread first three ingredients on skewers.
- Combine next five ingredients.
- Brush kabobs with wine/oil/lemon mixture, place on grill (or under broiler).
- Grill 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.