Adapted from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, US Department of Health and Human Services
With no added salt and very little oil in the marinade, these broiled or grilled kabobs made with skinless chicken breasts are lower in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
|Serving Size||1/2 chicken breast kabob|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Boneless, skinless chicken breasts||8|
|Black pepper to taste|
|Parboiled whole white onions||8|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8|
|Frozen, concentrated apple juice, thawed||1 can (6 ounces) |
|Dry white wine||1 cup|
|Soy sauce, low sodium||2 tablespoons|
|Vegetable oil||¼ cups|
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with pepper.
- Thread 8 skewers as follows: chicken, mushroom, chicken, onion, chicken, orange quarter, chicken, pineapple chunk, cherry tomato.
- Place kabobs in shallow pan.
- Combine remaining ingredients; spoon over kabobs. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Drain. Broil 6 inches from heat, 15 minutes on each side, brushing with marinade every 5 minutes. Discard any leftover marinade.