Adapted from FruitsandVeggiesMatter.gov, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Produce for Better Health Foundation
|Serving Size||¼ recipe|
| Calories ||220|
|Calories from Fat||0|
| Total Fat ||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
| Cholesterol ||0 mg|
| Sodium ||40 mg|
| Total Carbohydrate ||63 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|
| Proteins ||1 g|
|Vitamin A||0% DV|
|Vitamin C||100% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times TOP
|Preparation Time||4 hours, 30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation TOP
|Ruby red grapefruit juice||2 cups|
|Sugar substitute||¼ cup|
|All Fruit red raspberry jam||2 tablespoons|
|Corn syrup||2 tablespoons|
- In a small saucepan, bring ¼ cup of grapefruit juice and sugar to a boil, stirring frequently until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in remaining grapefruit juice and corn syrup.
- Pour mixture into an 8 or 9 inch square pan and freeze for 1 hour, or until frozen 1 inch around the edges.
- Stir well with a fork to break up large pieces of ice.
- Cover and freeze 3 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Once frozen, let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften, than scrape with a large metal spoon, creating coarse pebbles of ice.
- Serve in chilled bowls or glasses. Microwave raspberry jam until just pourable and drizzle over top of each serving.