Simple White Bean Soup
|Serving Size||1/8 recipe|
|Calories from Fat||25|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||60 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14 g|
|Vitamin A||8% DV|
|Vitamin C||45% DV|
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
|Preparation Time||30 minutes|
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 2.0
Ingredients and Preparation
|Olive oil||1 tablespoon|
|Onion, chopped||1½ cups|
|Garlic cloves, minced||2|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained||1 can (15 ounces)|
|Lima beans, rinsed and drained||2 cans (15 ounces each)|
|Black pepper||¼ teaspoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 cup|
|Fresh parsley, chopped||1 tablespoon|
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add broth, beans, salt, and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Pour soup into blender; puree until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and stir in evaporated milk. Heat thoroughly, top with fresh parsley.
Fruit: 0; Vegetables: 1; Meat: 0; Milk: 0; Fat: 0; Carbs: 3; Other: 0
Diabetic exchanges are calculated based on the American Diabetes Association Exchange System. Exchanges are rounded up or down to equal whole numbers. Therefore, partial exchanges are not included.