Two Cheese Pizza
Adapted from the National Diabetes Education Program, National Institutes of Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, US Department of Health and Human Services
Serve your pizza with fresh fruit and a mixed green salad garnished with red beans to balance your meal.
|Serving Size||2 slices (¼ of pie)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g|
Servings and Times
Ingredients and Preparation
|Whole wheat flour to sprinkle on working surface|
|Refrigerated pizza crust||1 can (10 ounces)|
|Olive oil||2 tablespoons|
|Low-fat ricotta cheese||½ cup|
|Dried basil||½ teaspoon|
|Small onion, minced||1|
|Garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|Salt (optional)||¼ teaspoon|
|Shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese||4 ounces|
|Chopped mushrooms||2 cups|
|Large red pepper, cut into strips||1|
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread whole-wheat flour over working surface. Roll out dough with rolling pin to desired crust thickness.
- Coat cookie sheet with cooking spray. Transfer pizza crust to cookie sheet. Brush olive oil over crust.
- Mix the ricotta cheese with the dried basil, onion, garlic, and salt. Spread this mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crust with mozzarella cheese. Top cheese with mushrooms and red pepper.
- Bake at 425°F for 13-15 minutes until cheese melts and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cut into 8 slices.