July 03, 2014
(HealthDay News) -- Food is fuel for your body, and filling up
on nutritious offerings can really rev up your energy.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions
to help give you some pep:
- Eat small meals and snacks regularly to maintain metabolism and
- Stick to small portions and light meals that are just enough to
satisfy your hunger and cravings.
- Balance your plate with healthy servings of fruits and veggies,
low- or non-fat dairy, whole grains, lean proteins and healthy
- Choose foods that offer plenty of fiber and protein.
- Avoid drinks that can rob you of energy, such as sugary sodas,
coffees and energy drinks. Instead, drink plenty of water,
unsweetened tea, low-fat or fat-free milk or flavored water.