(HealthDay News) -- Camping is a fun family activity, and a
great way to enjoy the outdoors. But parents should teach their
children about what to do if they get lost.
The Nemours Foundation offers these parental reminders:
- Make sure kids remember landmarks during a hike and at the
- Practice turning around and looking behind you during a hike to
become familiar with the area you've just passed.
- If lost, make sure your child knows to stay put and remain
- Have everyone carry a cell phone, assuming there is local
- If there is no local cell phone service, make sure children
wear a whistle that can be heard from a long distance.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
The information in this article, including reference materials, are provided to you solely for educational or research purposes. Information in reference materials, are not and should not be considered professional health care advice upon which you should rely. Health care information changes rapidly and consequently, information in this article may be out of date. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.