(HealthDay News) -- If you've got a cold, do your part to
prevent spreading the virus to others.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when you cough or
- Promptly throw away any used tissues.
- If you can't get a tissue, sneeze or cough into your elbow
rather than your hand.
- If necessary, wear a facemask to protect others from
- Frequently wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20
- If soap and water aren't available, clean hands with
alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
The information in this article, including reference materials, are provided to you solely for educational or research purposes. Information in reference materials, are not and should not be considered professional health care advice upon which you should rely. Health care information changes rapidly and consequently, information in this article may be out of date. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.