July 24, 2013
(HealthDay News) -- If you've got a cold, do your part to
prevent spreading the virus to others.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers this
- Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when you cough or
- Promptly throw away any used tissues.
- If you can't get a tissue, sneeze or cough into your elbow
rather than your hand.
- If necessary, wear a facemask to protect others from
- Frequently wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20
- If soap and water aren't available, clean hands with
alcohol-based hand sanitizer.