(HealthDay News) -- Cleaning out your refrigerator can help wipe
out germs and bacteria growing in spilled food and messes.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these suggestions
to help you clean out your refrigerator:
- Make sure your refrigerator temperature is set to below 40
- Clean up any spills and get rid of anything in the refrigerator
causing an odor.
- Use hot, soapy water to wash spills and other messes in the
refrigerator and thoroughly rinse the surface.
- Place an open box of baking soda on a shelf in the refrigerator
to get rid of odors.
- Avoid using any harsh cleaning agents inside the
Copyright © 2013
. All rights reserved.
The information in this article, including reference materials, are provided to you solely for educational or research purposes. Information in reference materials, are not and should not be considered professional health care advice upon which you should rely. Health care information changes rapidly and consequently, information in this article may be out of date. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.