(HealthDay News) -- Regular dental visits during pregnancy are a good idea for most women, the American Dental Association says.
The ADA's mouthhealthy.org website offers these oral hygiene tips for moms-to-be:
- Brush your teeth twice daily using a fluoride toothpaste.
- Carefully floss between teeth at least once daily.
- Limit snacks and eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Consider using an antimicrobial mouth rinse if your dentist recommends one.
- If you have morning sickness, rinse your mouth with a teaspoon of baking soda and water.
Copyright © 2012 http://www.healthday.com/
. All rights reserved.
The information in this article, including reference materials, are provided to you solely for educational or research purposes. Information in reference materials, are not and should not be considered professional health care advice upon which you should rely. Health care information changes rapidly and consequently, information in this article may be out of date. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.